Friday, September 11, 2009

Picture Post #3

One of the many, many extranceways in one of the Bodleian Library courtyards. The names of all the majors are still written about the doors in Latin.


Another...took this one for Jordan.



Debbie, with the Radcliffe Camera to the back-left of her. The Radcliffe Camera is a famous building that was built as a science library in the eighteenth century to the tune of only 28,000 pounds. Debbie informed us that the quote to do her garage recently was 35,000 pounds.


Exeter college, where J.R. Tolkien and Philip Pullman went, is to the right here, I believe. In the backround is a ridiculously old tree, hundreds of years old or something like that!

The main path and front quad of Trinity College. This is the Special Grass upon which you may not walk unless you're in the V.I.P club.




1 comment:

  1. Hi Sweetie! Thanks for all the pictures. You sound a bit Brit already :)
    I am soooooo jealous of the window seat in your room. Think of me when you are sitting there reading a book. Oh, I bought some skinny black jeans today. Size 2!!
    Yippee skippee.
    I miss your cute face.
    Love you, Mom.

    ReplyDelete