Saturday, September 19, 2009

Friday Night Out

Last night, the entire group got together and ate a Mexican-themed feast at the house. Afterwards everyone was feeling peppy, so we decided to go out and conquer some more pubs. We went upstairs and starting getting ready - it was a big affair, everyone running up and down the stairs and asking what outfit worked best and borrowing each other's shoes. I wore a long neon yellow tank top, with a plaid blue button-down over it and a waistbelt, and just black tights underneath and brown boots. I have to say, it felt weird having just the tights - no jeans - under the tank top, but it was very European-looking and I completely fit in. Nobody here seems to believe in trousers for girls; it's just all tights, all the time. Some of them don't even wear shirts long enough to cover their butts when doing the tights thing, which I find odd. Frankly, most people's behinds aren't very good-looking when covered in nothing but tights!


Anyway, as we were getting ready we started to get hyped up at the thought of our impending night on the town. Silliness ensued. This led to Allie doing her "Mom Face." She's pretty damn
good at it, wouldn't you say so?

Jane and Holly, just the slightest bit tipsy.

Marcus and Mallory. Mallory is one of the sweetest girls I've ever met.

Gloria, Serena, Megan and I. Yeah, I've got a bit of the Drunkard's Glow....All I had was one rum and coke, but the bartender must've been very generous with the rum, because I was giggly the whole rest of the night! Luckily I've learned my limits and made sure to NOT drink anything else but water.

The big group getting ready to head off to another pub. You can see that the gender ratio is ridiculously skewed on this trip....

It was a fun night. I have to say, though, that at the end of the day, I'm still kind of an old lady by nature: When a few people went off at 1 in the morning to go dancing, I and a few others said "No thanks, it's bed time!" and toodled off home. I fell asleep the second I hit my mattress. Ultimately, I just can't help but find cuddling up with Jordan to a book or a movie more satisfying than going out drinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment