Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Birthday Dinner Pics (plus my first seminar)






So, on Monday night people absolutely insisted on taking me out for my birthday. We went to Primark (cheap British department store) and found a tiara for 3 pounds, went to Ben's for cookies, and settled on a place called Bella Italia for dinner. I got a sauceless pizza...mmm, even though I can now tolerate tomato sauce, I still think pizza is so much better without it! I got some crazy dessert called "The Godfather." When it came out it had a sparkler in it and everyone burst into Happy Birthday. It was all-around awesome.



Then yesterday, I had my first seminar. The teacher was young and sweet, very relaxed. It wasn't nearly as intimidating as I thought it would be. He divided the class into two groups, and had each group go off and discuss a question that he gave about the reading. He told us that every class will be formatted the same way. For the first class we'd read Utopia, which I like quite a lot (short, easy to get through), but for Friday we have to read both Shakespeare's Richard II and Spenser's Edward II - yikes! Good thing I got going on those two plays before I even left the U.S.


Oh, and I went grocery shopping with Megan. On the walk over to the store we had an involved conversation about chocolate, which resulted in me not being able to resist buying a Kinder Egg when we reached our destination. Thanks, Megan...thanks a lot! Now the addiction to Kinder Egg chocolate that I've battled against ALL MY LIFE is back with a rage, and it's totally your fault!
There are also lots of Kit Kat bars here. This could get ugly.

No comments:

Post a Comment