Sunday, September 27, 2009

European Dogs vs. American Dogs, Round 3: The Doberman

The American-style Doberman, cropped and docked.


A gorgeous red. They come in a few other colors, but they tend to get skin and coat problems unless they're the standard black or red.

Such a sleek, athletic animal. Just beautiful dogs.


...But then you have this! I can't get over how weird they look with long tails and floppy ears. Am I crazy in thinking that it doesn't even look like the same breed?


I mean, it's probably shallow, but when they're natural they look so...I suppose the word I'm looking for is "average." They look like every other mutt out there. The natural dog above doesn't have near the presence that the cropped and docked dogs do, for me at least.
Besides, when they're cropped you get the adorable "bat ear" syndrome!

No comments:

Post a Comment