Wednesday, September 16, 2009

First Meal at Keble, Part Deux (A.K.A. I officially eat at Hogwarts)

And ta-da, the Hall! I don't think it needs much explanation, you can see for yourself how gorgeous it is. All it needs is an enchanted ceiling to match the one from Harry Potter.

The lights at all the tables. The way it works is, you book meals online, then come to Hall and grab little tabs that say "Vegan" or "No Nuts" or whatever your dietary preference is, then you have a seat and put the tab down. Someone comes, takes the tab, and brings you your food. When you're done they whisk away your plate and bring you the next course. The vegetarian option that night was pretty good, if simple: Tofu grill with potatoes and cooked carrots. Dessert was stupendous, a choice of chocolate pudding cake or lemon cake.

All of us enjoying our meal.

After dinner was finished, one of the staff came by and said "Have you been to the Keble Bar? And if not, why not?" So off we went to find the bar. It turned out to be in the coolest building, wish I had a picture of the outside.

Inside of the bar.

Bartender telling us what's best to order. Neither Desiree nor Jordan cared for the beer, but I thought it was all right (just had a sip of Jordan's).
We ended up going to a pub that night, but in the end I needed to get back fairly early so that I could read. Academics come first, you know!

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you were posting these and that is why I couldn't comment on your birthday pictures...anyway, these are fabulous. I can't believe that you are there, and that you get to eat in that fantastic place!!! Woohoo!
    Alert! Mom comment: I am glad that you remember academics come first. :)
    I love you.

    ReplyDelete