Thursday, October 29, 2009

Stir-Crazy

For some reason, I'm at the point where I'm getting a little bit anxious. I don't know why, I think I'm just eager for my next trip (to Madrid) and Jordan's visit. The girls in the house keep watching romantic movies, and I keep stupidly watching with them, and it makes us pitiful and whiny. The discussions go something like this:

"I really wish mine was here, I miss cuddling."
"Me too, I just want to be cute with someone!"
"Every time I walk to town and see people making out, I get angry."
"I know! When does yours get here again? 2 weeks? Oh, that's so far awaaaaaaaaaay!"

A little while ago was "break-up time," a period in which it seemed everyone was letting go of their boyfriends. Now the pendulum has swung and we're a bunch of lonely sob stories. One of my friends is going crazy waiting for her boyfriend to visit. Another whimpers "Say something sweet to me!" whenever she Skypes with hers, and she sounds like she's dying of heartache whenever she says it. The couples who used to gripe when they talked are now in a pattern of sickly-sweet pining. It's madness, I tell you.

Totally unrelated: I got my assigned registration time. November 17th, at 10 p.m. For those keeping track, this is the third year in a row when I've gotten a crappy registration time. Also, that's what, 3 a.m. my time? No way will I be able to stay up. I guess I've got to suck it up and email them begging to give me an earlier time slot. I also have to actually contact my advisors and, oh yeah, figure out my classes! It hasn't even occured to me until now that I need to do this, it totally slipped my mind being here.

2 comments:

  1. Way too much cute and melodrama for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole,

    Your mother put more money in your account. You need to let her know when you get low. We're also sending another digital camera for you, with your boyfriend. Astound your folks and don't break, or lose, this one. Sheila refuses to tell me how much this little visit is costing us. We are so proud of you. Trips and camera's are a small price to pay to have a daughter like you.

    the dad

    ReplyDelete