Thursday, October 15, 2009

The first crew practice

Somehow, I've been trucking through my funds despite buying nothing but books and food. I was already a book hoarder, but this trip is making my tendencies infinitely worse. Now, how I'm going to haul all these books back, that's the question...

Anyhoo, I had my first rowing practice yesterday! Megan and Tara went with me and it was a good time overall. The practice tank was waaaay far away, in a part of Oxford I'd never even seen. Greta was supposed to come too, but she was quarantined for possibly having swine flu, poor girl.

Surprisingly, once we got going I was pretty good. The main trouble came from the fact that everything in the practice boat was way too big for me. The coach came over and tried to adjust the straps and such, but when everything was still too large he giggled "You're just too small, aren't you? I mean, your feet are REALLY tiny!" Um, thanks, I guess...?

Next week we practice on the river! Oh, and here's basically what the tank looked like (nicked this off the web):

1 comment:

  1. You should have told him you were "2 short!" Yes, I am having quite the chuckle, thank you.
    It looks like fun, and I hope it doesn't get too cold for you. You may be tiny, but you have great shoulders and a fierce determination.
    "Nicked?" No more making fun of me saying, "Y'all."

    ReplyDelete