Thursday, October 15, 2009

Almost forgot!

I went with a bunch of people to the open air market this morning. Marcus even came along - finally out of the swine flu quarantine, yay! There wasn't much of interest at the market, honestly; there were a bunch of food samples, and tons of jewelry. Not really my thing. UNTIL, right before I left, I spotted....



For only £9! I had to scrounge through my wallet to find that in cash, but it was worth it. It's the illustrated version, I'm so excited! Some of the illustrations are in color, and some are in black and white. Here are samples:








Publishing page.



I totally geeked out when I saw it. Some old guy was perusing through the books, and as soon as I saw this I gasped and snatched it right out from underneath him. I think I scared him. I can't wait to bring it home and put it next to the other cool old edition I have.

4 comments:

  1. Now, THIS I understand! You must have been practically dancing when you found it!
    I'll put some more money in your account, don't worry.
    I live to be your banker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does your boy realize just how expensive you're going to be (traveling, horses, and a library for all of your books)? Have you depleted the supply of books in the USA and now you're moving on to another continent? Your father couldn't be more proud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Aunt Sheila...want to drop some more money in MY account too? I will gladly take you as MY banker! :) haha

    Anyways, hey cuz...I´ve been reading your blog off and on and will make it completely official by adding you to my blog scroll tool bar! Hope you are enjoying Oxford...as in OF COURSE you are because honestly, who in their right mind doesn´t love living abroad??? We are kind of a fan of it down here in Chile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom - Thanks for being such a great banker! ;)
    Dad - He's aware.
    Jason and Anna - Hey guys! Glad you're having fun in Chile, it seems like it'd be such a great experience. I'm loving Oxford, it's truly unique in the world.

    ReplyDelete