Monday, October 26, 2009

Pros and Cons

Upsides to doing mini-trips while you're studying abroad:

1. They're awesome.
2. They're really awesome.
3. Why wouldn't you do them? Those other countries are RIGHT THERE, for Pete's sake, and it takes less than a hundred bucks to get to each of them.

Downsides:
1. Immediately when you get back, your primary emotions are agony that you haven't slept properly in 48 hours, terror at the realization of how much money you spent (sure, the bus was cheap, but what about the hostel, the dinners, the souvenirs, the castle entrance fees?), and above all, panic at the amount of work that you have piled up.

In fact, I wasn't the only one of the Scotland-ites to not shower this morning, because when push comes to shove, sleep and homework take precedence over hygiene.

4 comments:

  1. And this is quite possibly why MY grades weren´t all that impressive in college...because wheen push comes to shove...almost everything took precedent over homework. Hmmm. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you are going to Spain soon. Be vigilant, do the tours (do not worry about the costs of transportation, hotels, food, tours, your mother will hook you up) and stay in groups. Totally cool place, but find yourself in the wrong place, and things can go sour quickly. This information is coming from my shooters, who go there on a regular basis. My no-necks aren't afraid of anything but there are places in Spain that even they take a moment, before they do the stupid thing and go in anyway. I know you are smarter than they are, but your dad worries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, Anna :)

    Dad - Thanks for the advice. I'll only be in Madrid for 2 days, so I think I'll be able to stay out of trouble. The good news is that the group I'm going with is primarily interested in art/art history/museums. But I'll keep your words in mind. So far everyone has been very, very good about sticking together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Celeste.
    I just looked at your account. ! Sorry I let it get so low - you should have told me.
    Check it later on today.
    I love you.

    ReplyDelete