Monday, April 12, 2010

Running is fun!

Today I upped my game a little bit and did 2.5 miles. I alternated like so:

1 mile running 6 mph (so a 10 minute mile)

5 mins brisk walking

1 mile running 6 mph

5 mins walking

1/2 mile running 6 mph

I was fading just a little by the last 1/2 mile, but it went pretty well. I wasn't dying, I even had to remind myself to drink more water. Doing this tells me that I must've been REALLY out of shape in high school, because I remember not even being able to jog the mile they made us do every year. Seriously, I had to do a lap or so, then take a breather, start back up again.... Sad part is, there were tons of girls like me - we all walked and complained together when it came time to do the mile.

1 comment:

  1. It's so cool that you are discovering cardio! Starting at so young an age will pay dividends. I'm proud of you.

    ReplyDelete